All grooming include clipping nails, cleaning and pulling ear hair (if needed), expressing anal glands (few exceptions, owner will be notified).
All grooming appointments include clipping nails and cleaning ears. Prices are based off 6/8 week grooming schedule and are determined by(add) size, condition of coat, length of hair / fur, and temperament. Grooming is important for all breeds. For many dogs, they see the groomer more often than the vet; many times we can inform you of changes in your pet’s health.
Forward questions from the website to the new email@example.com
We are here to make your cat look and feel better and do it in the safest and most efficient way possible.
Conditioner is worked/ massaged in sits on dog for 10 minutes. Most popular esp. winter. This conditioner is to help dry, flaky skin or itchy skin. Montana winters are so dry, that even our pets need moisture for their skin, it is no practical to apply lotion like we can. If your pet is matted it is also great for their skin cells that slough off are trapped under tight hair clumps, or mats, after being groomed the skin is dry and may have excessive dander .
- Nail Glitz – polish to add a little sparkle
- Color Vegan Hair Dye – This is a fun, different way to make your pet more noticeable.
Winter grooming is important:
1) Not walking as much nails are not naturally wearing down. Keeping your dog’s nails short is a great way to prevent arthritis or relieve arthritis pain. Long toe nails are harmful to your dog. Nail Trimming
2) Many people want their dog’s coat to be longer in the winter, there is nothing wrong with this but there are some things to consider.
– How often are you willing to bring your dog in for grooming? 1/2 inch to 1 inch every 6 weeks. Anything longer than 1 inch needs to be combed out every other day and visit to the dog groomer every 3 to 4 weeks.
– Do you put a jacket / sweater on your dog? If yes the friction caused by a jacket will create mats if not combed daily.
– How much time does your dog spend outside? If they just go out to go potty and want back in the house, they really do not need much hair to help keep them warm. If it is below 15 degrees outside everyone is cold. If they like to play in the snow, keeping their hair around a half inches is helpful. Many dogs get clumps of snow stuck in their hair. If they have longer hair it collects more snow, then it melts and their hair is wet. The longer the hair the longer it takes to dry. Being damp and the cold weather is not fun.
We want to be your dog’s advocate and keep them comfortable and healthy.
Too often time commitments make it almost impossible for a pet owner to provide a daily walk, some exercise time or a real socialization experience for their pet. Many pets who are well behaved when their owner is home become mischievous while they are gone. If you’ve ever come home to chewed furniture, shredded carpet, or housebreaking surprises…your pet may be the perfect candidate for Doggie Daycare!
When you walk in the door after a hard day at work, does your pet demand your attention and not give you a moment’s rest? Your dog may be trying to tell you, “I’m bored!” Without something constructive to do when you leave home, your furry friend will eventually find some source of entertainment. And odds are, it won’t be something that is very entertaining to you! For the best dog daycare has to offer, come join the fun!
Twice a year, spring and fall, double coated and short coats lose/shed excessive amounts of hair. Excessive hair makes it difficult for your pet to regulate its temperature. Summer time the extra hair keeps heat trapped against the body. Another occurring problem is skin cells are stuck under hair creating dander esp. during winter months making dogs dry and itchy. Making sure any breed is completely brushed all year round is important for their skins health.
To remove the most hair:
1 – A through bath removes dirt and dander from skin and hair. This also starts stimulating the coat loosening shedding hair. Conditioner helps make hairs slick and easier to remove.
2 – Force air drying. It forces loose hair off the dog. Doing this multiple times between brushing is most effective to a minimal shedding at home.
3 – Brushing. We have many tools we rotate through to ensure to not irritate the skin, and remove as much hair as possible. A clean, dry coat maximizes the finished product, your beautiful dog. This process takes longer that a small dog hair cut.
We recommend doing this a minimum of 4 times per year; the beginning of the season then 4 weeks later to make your pet comfortable. It can be done once a month to help keep your home stay cleaner, discounts are given to frequent customers.
Why we do not recommend shave downs on double coats
We understand that people want to help their dog stay cool in the summer, and sometimes the owner has allergies. We try to make sure to properly take care of a dogs coat, it protects them from the sun’s harmful rays and insulates them from the heat, as well as the cold. Many breeds, Poms and Shelties, their hair grows back dull, coarse, and sometimes uneven. We want to make dogs look their best and have their owners happy, which is why we can still do shave downs.
A temporary, quick breath treatment. We also sell products for at home care that are easy to use. Having clean teeth will add years to your pet’s life! Bad breath is a beginning sign to poor health. Save money on dentals at the vet with year round care to your pet’s mouth/teeth.
DREMEL / FILE NAILS
Freshly cut nails are sharp! Rounding the nails is great for protection children, elderly, furniture and clothes. Also helps the vein in the nail to recede.
VIP very important puppy
Helping prepare your puppy for a life time of grooming
10-24 weeks of age
3 visit package
- Bath, brush out, clip and file nails, clean ears. Clipper hair in between pads, sanitary areas and around eyes and feet. Clipper conditioning is very important, it helps prepare the puppy for the sound and vibrations that clippers make, it can sometimes be scary. During clipper conditioning we turn the clipper on and move it over their body and head so the puppy gets used to the vibration and sound. It is very important to always end on a good note when working with your pet. Use treats, if needed, boiled chicken works very well for at home training. There is an app that can be downloaded on your cell phone called clipper prank, it simulates the vibration and sound of clippers.
- Short Visit (underlined grooming from #1) About an hour appointment. More positive reinforcement.
- Everything in the first visit AND first haircut. At this time we will discuss your preferences on how you would like your puppy to look.These 3 visits help with training young puppies for a lifetime of grooming. Handling puppies is usually more difficult and takes longer than older dogs. We do not charge for needing assistance, this is a second person to encourage brave behavior or training table manners.When purchasing this package all three appointments are pre-booked (it is recommended 2-3 weeks between each appointment), paid for, and must be used in a 10 week period. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice or No Show it will count as using 1 of the days.